Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Interior Mission


Inside the rear cargo area of the defender is the real crux of the matter.
It's got all the cubby holes and stowage shelves for my stuff but the plywood material has suffered somewhat. It hasn't been painted and on the floor part it's seen heavy gear thrown on and off it.
My uncle suggest ripping the entire lot out but this would just double the work-load and besides, it was in perfectly good condition aside from a few floor sections and some TLC would soon put her right...

First thing to do is brush the dust out. This is easier said than done however as the cement dust is so fine and light it just blows back in again!
I do this several times and eventually get around to putting filler down to repair the damaged plywood.

The filling was hardly me finest, but did the job. I'd be putting several layers of paint over this which would finish that job for good.
Sourcing decent exterior paint for wood was a tricky one. The stores only seemed to have it in flowery colours. I finally found one in dark green; a neutral colour that's easy on the eye and not too lame like pink or beige etc.

I can't start painting yet as I'm off to my uncles in the country...

No comments:

Post a Comment