The first thing about landrover ownership is finding a decent machine.
Mine had to preferably be one that was with the 300 TDI engine and definately a 110 LWB.
It also had to have the seats removed and with stowage space in the rear.
After trawling through autotrader for months I'd missed a few opportunities.
Everything was either CSW type (country station wagon) or SWB.
Finally I struck gold. A red landrover LWB that was owned by a now mothballed drilling company.
It had all that I needed. The only niggle was it was 2001, potentially meaning it was in gordon browns (Brit PM) high tax bracket.
Putting this to one side I made the arrangements for an RAC inspection and after a saga or two. Had it inspected. All was more or less good. The engine was in good condition, the 4WD worked but the bodywork needed attention. This didn't surprise me, it would of been put through its paces during its working life.
I set off on the train to get it a done deal...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment